Monday, June 27, 2011

A Wedding Weekend

I get back into NYC today, walk into work around 1:30 pm. I get about 50 questions coming in from all different directions about my weekend. My response to every question: it was one of the best weekends of my life. The obvious reason was just being at home with the people I love and the people that love me. Second, I got to spend an entire weekend celebrating my brother and my new sister. If you know anything about us, you know that family is everything to us. And to officially not only have a new sister, but to join together an entire new part of our family was so, so special. Friday night was rehersal dinner. And all my precious Hope crew SERVED us the entire night. It was honestly one of the strangest feelings to have so many of my good friend serving us. And still so special. Everyone got up and shared some pretty wonderful things about my big brother, and it was a true testiment to the amazing man he is and fantastic husband he will be. Saturday was pure celebration. It really was so powerful to be surrounded my so many people that love Morgan and Lauren and our families.

I'm sure there will be hundreds of pictures to come, but I want to share my favorite picture of the night that I have gotten to see (Thank you, Nancy Cunningham!!)

This was me and my Pop dancing to Sweet Caroline (as you probably know, my first name is Caroline). This was one of the first songs that was played, and no one had really joined on the dance floor yet, so I grabbed by dad and we busted it out on the dance floor. As you can see, we were having the time of our lives. 

More picture to come, I can only assume, but for now - I'll just leave up my favorite.

Thank you, Memphis, for welcoming me back with open arms!

No comments: